Battery Replacement for JuCad – The Original
Your battery will not last for another 18 holes? We now offer high-performance batteries with the latest lithium technology which comply with all relevant safety aspects. Battery cells, control unit electronics and charger are all compatible, tested and certified as per UN transport test BU-202000217-B1. Our JuCad Powerpacks are therefore in compliance with all legal transport and safety regulations.
Battery replacement service:
- New housing
- New leather protective cover
- New rechargeable battery cells
- Labour hours for Powerpack conversion
- Maintenance of legally required safety and transport regulations
The Powerpack battery control and corresponding connection cable remain unchanged. The existing charger is also still compatible.Replacement of battery cells EUR 299 incl. VAT
Go for Safety!
This is what you should be aware of when replacing batteries
- A rechargeable battery which can be transported via land, air and sea must be equipped with tested and certified rechargeable batteries. Battery cells, control electronics and the charger are technically compatible.
The JuCad Powerpack is certified according to the UN transport test BU-202100303-B1 and comply with all statutory transport and safety regulations. These test procedures are very costly and must be re-established for each individual battery type, which explains the price of safe, high-quality batteries.
- The use of third-party batteries or chargers can lead to serious problems with the control electronics and with safety in particular. Third-party products may not be equipped with the approved battery protection circuits, which may lead to explosion or spontaneous ignition. In addition, use without a valid UN transport test certificate is prohibited by law.
- JuCad recommends that the cell or battery replacement be carried out exclusively by the JuCad factory or by authorized JuCad dealers. This ensures safe travel with your Powerpack.
Cell replacement or battery exchange may be offered by various non-certified suppliers, sometimes even falsely using the JuCad brand name. Authorized JuCad dealers are recognizable by the JuCad certificate:
A high-quality rechargeable battery – such as the JuCad Powerpack – which can be transported via land, air and sea must have tested and certified batteries. JuCad has been offering powerful and reliable lithium-ion batteries, focusing primarily on safety, since 2003.
- Despite JuCad batteries being housed in a shockproof case and manufactured specifically for outdoor purposes, special safety measures still apply to each lithium-ion battery in order to protect them from the following adverse conditions:
- Water ingress: The Powerpack is well protected against rain, but a "dive", e.g. into a water hazard or cleaning with a high-pressure cleaner, can cause damage.
- Extreme heat: During a round of golf, even 40° C (104° F) in the shade will not have an adverse effect on the Powerpack. 40° inside a car however, can quickly rise to over 70° C (160° F) – which may significantly reduce the battery's long term service life.
- Mechanical damage: Mechanical damage to the housing may result in internal short circuiting and thus lead to an increased safety risk. Housing damage can be caused by external impact (e.g. extreme shock, fall, crushing, etc.)
- Charging the Powerpack: Use only the JuCad supplied charger.
- The JuCad Powerpacks are equipped with a protective circuit to prevent overcharging and deep discharge. Charging the Powerpack in several steps will have no negative impact on the basic service life of a battery. After each round of golf, no matter how many holes you play, the Powerpack can be recharged immediately and left connected to the JuCad charger without the risk of overcharging - ready for your next round of golf.
Many different factors can influence the longevity of lithium-ion batteries.
As a general rule:
- Due to an ageing process, the capacity of lithium-ion batteries decreases slightly every year. After a certain number of charging cycles, a battery reaches the end of its service life, whereby charging in several steps has no negative effect on the basic service life of a battery.
- Certain external influences can also minimize the battery capacity. Do not leave the Powerpack in an overheated car for a long time during hot summer months – overheating of a Powerpack should be avoided.
- During winter breaks or in case of longer periods of inactivity (over several months), Powerpacks should be stored, fully charged, in a cool, dry place (e.g. cellar) and fully recharged again before next use.
- Optimal charging conditions are around 20° C (70° F).
- The consequences of adverse external conditions as described in the above section on "Safety" can also have a negative effect on the battery service life.
As early as 2003, JuCad was the first manufacturer in the golf industry using lithium-ion batteries to operate electric trolleys. The lithium-ion batteries developed exclusively for JuCad are certified by the International Transport Committees and the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) according to the UN Transport test BU-202100303-B1.
- Transportation of lithium-ion batteries on flights depends on the airline’s transportation regulations. There are frequent changes in the transportation regulations regarding watt-hours (Wh) permitted for a lithium-ion battery. Currently up to a maximum of 100 Wh. In addition to the standard high-performance battery, JuCad also offers customers a flight battery with 98.3 Wh, thus ensuring you are always on the safe side.